Coriander lends a delicate flavour to this rice. You can also use dill leaves along with coriander.
Cooking Time : 10 mins.
Preparation Time : 10 mins.
1 1/2 cups long grained rice
1 1/2 cups chopped coriander
25 mm. (1") piece cinnamon
4 green cardamoms
2 onions, sliced
2 tablespoons oil
salt to taste
For the garnish
1/4 cup onion slices, browned
1. Wash and soak the rice for about 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, green cardamom and onions and saute till the onions turn translucent.
3. Add the rice and saute for a few minutes.
4. Add 3 cups of hot water and salt and pressure cook till the rice is tender.
5. Remove from the fire and add the chopped coriander. Mix well using a fork so that the rice grains do not break.
6. Garnish with the browned onion slices and serve hot.
The Coriander is added last so that it retains its colour.
Crushed peanuts can be added for a better taste.
|This recipe has been taken with permission from TarlaDalal.com|
Global Desi Yellow Pages - our partner site videsh.com has a comprehensive collection of Desi business from around the world. From beauty parlours, jewellers to Desi driving schools, these Yellow Pages should help you get your meet your Desi desire.