200 grams (7 oz.) paneer
2 medium onions
1 tablespoon cashewnuts pieces
1 stick cinnamon
1 bay leaf
3 chopped green chillies
1 red chilli
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teacup fresh curds
3/4 teacup finely chopped coriander
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons ghee
salt to taste
To be grounded into a paste
6 cloves garlic
12 mm. (1/2") piece ginger
1 tablespoon water
1. Cut the paneer into small cubes.
2. Cut the onions into big pieces, add 3/4 teacup of water and boil.
3. When cooked, blend in a mixer along with the cashewnut pieces.
4. Heat the ghee and fry the cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf for 1/2 minute.
5. Add the paste and fry for 1/2 minute.
6. Add the ground onions and cashewnuts and fry for a little while.
7. Add the green chillies and fry for little while.
8. Pound the red chilli and coriander seeds and add to the gravy. Fry again for a few seconds. Take the vessel off the fire.
9. Churn the curds and add to the mixture. Add salt and cook on a slow flame until the ghee comes on top.
10. Add the coriander and cook for 1/2 minute.
11. Finally, add the paneer and sugar and cook for a few minutes.
Serve hot with parathas.
|This recipe has been taken with permission from TarlaDalal.com|
Global Desi Yellow Pages - our partner site videsh.com has a comprehensive collection of Desi business from around the world. From beauty parlours, jewellers to Desi driving schools, these Yellow Pages should help you get your meet your Desi desire.