If you like corn, then you are going to love these corn kebabs. This is a simple and tasty snack prepared by the famous Tarla Dalal. It takes a few minutes to prepare and cook. Great for a simple summer time snack. Enjoy.
1/2 cup white corn kernels
1/4 cup capsicum, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
3 teaspoons rice flour (chawal ka atta)
salt to taste
oil for deep frying
1. Purée the corn in a blender, without using any water, to get a coarse paste.
2. Combine the corn, capsicum, green chillies, rice flour and salt and mix well.
3. Divide this mixture into 7 equal portions. Shape each portion into a round, press the rounds lightly to make flat kebabs.
4. Deep fry the kebabs in hot oil till they are golden brown.
5. Drain on absorbent paper.
6. Serve hot with green chutney.
The addition of rice flour makes these kebabs more crispy and they also absorb lesser oil when deep fried.
You can make these kebabs ahead of time, store them refrigerated and deep fry them just before serving.
|This recipe has been taken with permission from TarlaDalal.com|
Global Desi Yellow Pages - our partner site videsh.com has a comprehensive collection of Desi business from around the world. From beauty parlours, jewellers to Desi driving schools, these Yellow Pages should help you get your meet your Desi desire.